Saturday, August 11, 2012

OPI Dutch Treats Holland Collection

Photobucket ... i've never paid more than $3 for nail polish before. it is only recently that i considered buying the $9 OPI nail polish in Berry Daring, after a long and frustrating search for a cheap alternative. i went for a mani and pedi with a spa gift certificate (birthday present from my friend, silva) not too long ago and fell in love with the deep fuschia. i managed to find a no name nail polish in the same shade for $1.50 in new york, which chipped the day after i put it on, which put a damper on my short lived excitement. the other day, i went to a health store to buy cranberry pills (which are great for preventing uti's) and realized that there was a newly opened outlet store with nail polishes and make up by NYX. "Kiss Me On My Tulips" caught my eye in this mini collection and for $15 with tax (which makes each bottle $3.75), i thought it was worth a try even with the tiny 3.75 ml bottles. i'm starting to think that these small bottles are the way to go, since i don't usually end up finishing a normal sized bottle of nail polish. it was nice to pop the tiny bottle in my bag for a quick polish change on the go and the smaller brushes don't bother me. i've tried "Kiss Me On My Tulips" and "Red Lights Ahead... Where?" so far; they are both really opaque and bright. With two coats, they started to chip in about 3 days. To be honest, i'm not too fond of "I Have A Herring Problem". It's an odd bluish grey colour with sparkles, which i don't think will look with my skin tone. "Pedal Faster, Suzi" seems sheer, but i will only find out when i try it out.