Sunday, March 20, 2011

let the sewing begin!

Photobucket
... finally after days of thumbing the manual (exactly a week actually), finally got around to turning on the sewing machine. After a youtube video that showed me how to correctly thread the damn thing, i just practiced on an old innocent scarf that was around after a few impatient attempts at finding materials to work on (i cleaned out my closet few weeks ago, and all the clothes i don't wear are either in a huge bag somewhere that my mom put aside or already in the donation box, who knows).

Still not hugely comfortable using the thing, so i will continue to sew the scarf to death until i feel confident enough to alter one of the few pieces i've been putting aside, hoping to get them altered (perhaps i knew secretly deep inside that i wanted a sewing machine all along).

Oh, all the clothes that need a sew here and there to make them wearable again, all the clothes i always thought a slight alteration would improve their look better on me, and all the great pieces i didn't get because i couldn't justifying the alteration costs that were more expensive than the clothing itself. Come to me!

Well, not right this second. But after a week or so when I am decent at this sewing with a machine thing!

on a different note, i've been really sick since Friday evening; the odd thing is that this cold has been progressing rather quickly. Even though I'm still sick, I feel like I'm already in the latter part of the suffering and it's only been 2 days. No complaints here about that though. Tried NeoCitran for the first time in my life, and it's not too bad.