Saturday, October 1, 2011

What? I'm home at 8:30? What, what?

Photobucket

I know. I can't believe it either. I'm home at 8:30 PM and I have nowhere else I have to be. Praise Jebus.

Just came back from a day of training as a rape crisis counsellor and tutoring my student. It was a tiring, but good day. Amazing group of women. I often feel out of place in a group of women, but in this one, I did not. I'm glad that today was just an affirmation that I had made the right choice about this organization.

It also made me really thankful for my partner; I already knew that he was an amazing and lovely person, but I'm now much more appreciative of all the things that I did not notice or realize before. He's such an understanding and a loving person. I love him so much.

By being home tonight, it means that I'm missing nuit blanche this year. I've been going for the last three years or so, but honestly, I'm foregoing culture for the sake of sleep. And sadly, I won't be able to see Dawn this time around. She's leaving tomorrow night, which is the only somewhat free night for me. Instead, I shall be watching 50/50 with my lover.

If you didn't know that fall is here, I'm sure you found out today as the weather outside is quite chilly. I had to change from my dress and knee high socks to full on pants and jacket. Brrrrrr...

Like I said before, I think I'll get to rest or have a sliver of time for myself during the thanksgiving weekend. Which is now next weekend! Yipeeeeeee!